The new lasagna bed has been planted- now all I can do is sit back and wait to see what comes up!
I have two kinds of tomatoes: two plants each of Honeybunch, a cherry tomato variety, and Razzle Dazzle, which is supposed to be a deep raspberry pink color.
I planted 3 kinds of summer squash: Goldenrod zucchini, Sure Thing zucchini, and something called Sweet Success that is supposed to yield pretty pale green squash.
And two kinds of pole beans: Scarlet Runner, just because I've heard the flowers are so lovely, and Kentucky Wonder. I have a new bean tower for them to grow up- should be interesting!
Now I just have to keep watch for the dreaded cucumber beetles that decimated my curcurbits (squash, cukes, and pumpkins) last year by spreading bacterial wilt. I'm a little squeamish about bugs, but any beetles I see are getting a vicious squishing. And I'm using floating row covers as added insurance.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Planting time: Tomatoes, squash, and beans
Labels:
home garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment