It's harvest time! Well, a tiny spring harvest, anyway. In the early spring, I planted a bunch of peas, a few rows of radishes, and some spinach. The pea plants are still only 6" tall, and the spinach plants only have a few leaves each. But today, I pulled up the first few cheerful red radishes. The round ones are Cherrybelles, and the elongated ones with white tips are French Breakfast.
I think next week they'll all be ready so I'd best pick up some good bread and butter to make some radish sandwiches. Tonight, though, my little harvest will add welcome crunch and a bit of bitter contrast to a salad of avocados and oranges, which will accompany an entree of spinach and feta turnovers.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
First of the season: Radishes
Labels:
home garden,
seasonal produce
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment