Today I drove out to my favorite garden center to see if they have any vinca, which is the groundcover we'd like to plant along the back fence. They did have some, and I bought a few flats. I also bought several creeping phlox plants, "snow crystal" alyssum, "May night" salvia, "Butterfly Blue" scabiosa, forget-me-nots, some vinca vine to use in my hanging pots, two different kinds of rosemary, and chocolate mint. Pretty much the only reason I didn't buy more is that there was no more room in the wagon I was pulling along behind me. Why? I have no idea, except I looked at them and thought "oooh, pretty." Some of them, like the salvia and scabiosa, I'd seen and coveted in the garden catalogs that arrive in your mailbox in January. And I'm always charmed by tiny forget-me-nots with their perfect little blue flowers.
I do have a place in mind for the phlox, but the rest...???
Friday, April 25, 2008
Impulse purchases
Labels:
home garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment