I always like asparagus and goat cheese together, so when I saw this recipe in the May issue of Bon Appetit, it went straight onto our menu. It's a white pizza- no tomato sauce here. The crust is brushed with garlicky olive oil, sprinkled with sliced scallions, and scattered with shredded mozzarella. Thinly sliced potatoes and slivers of asparagus come next. Goat cheese is crumbled over the top, followed by parmesan and a generous hit of freshly ground black pepper. The result? A different, delicious and decidedly springtime pizza. The scallions and garlic oil provided subtle flavor, the asparagus slivers on top were perfectly crisp-tender, and the mix of cheeses proved flavorful but not too heavy or rich.
The original recipe calls for fingerling potatoes, but I had Yukon Golds on hand and didn't hesitate to use them. My asparagus spears were quite fat, so I quartered them to ensure that they'd cook properly in the oven. Otherwise, I made the recipe as directed. Joe over at Culinary in the Desert made this recipe and got all fancy with purple potatoes, which makes for one pretty pizza!
Asparagus, Potato, and Goat Cheese Pizza
The original recipe calls for fingerling potatoes, but I had Yukon Golds on hand and didn't hesitate to use them. My asparagus spears were quite fat, so I quartered them to ensure that they'd cook properly in the oven. Otherwise, I made the recipe as directed. Joe over at Culinary in the Desert made this recipe and got all fancy with purple potatoes, which makes for one pretty pizza!
Asparagus, Potato, and Goat Cheese Pizza

1 comment:
That recipe caught my eye. Glad to hear it was good!
Post a Comment