Our fridge overfloweth! Greens take up an awful lot of space, and it doesn't help that I've also been harvesting the remaining lettuce from our home garden this week.
I thought the strawberries might have been done in by the heat earlier this week, but there were still some out there for us. It wasn't nearly as easy as last week to fill our baskets, but I'm just pleased we got some!
Here's the rundown:
- 4 heads lettuce (selected from green leaf, red leaf, deer tongue)
- 3/4 lb. spinach
- 2 summer squash
- 3 pieces broccoli (about the equivalent of one "bunch" at the supermarket)
- 2 heads bok choy (we had a choice of bok choy, kale, collards, or endive; you can mix and match but I took 2 bok choy because I have a recipe in mind for them)
- 6 garlic scapes (they're the curly green things in the picture)
- 1 pint sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 quarts strawberries
- 50 stems flowers (sweet william and heliopsis- the former are almost done for the season and the latter just starting to bloom, so pickings were slim and we didn't get a full 50 stems)
- Assorted herbs (did not pick these)
No comments:
Post a Comment