Woo-hoo! The farm is opening this week. Our pick-up day is Saturday. This week they'll have lettuce and pick-your-own strawberries. Not a lot of produce for the time it takes us to get there and back, but I can't wait to lay hands on those berries.
Now I need to come up with a plan for controlling my pint-sized berry addict while we're out in the field so that we get to take at least some of our share home rather than seeing it all chomped down as soon as we pick it! "Patience" is not a word in my 2-year-old's vocabulary.
In other news, I saw this morning that one of my summer squash seeds has sprouted, and many of the annual flower seeds I planted as well. Plus, lots more blossoms on the pea plants. Yeah!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Open for business!
Labels:
CSA,
home garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment